Well, this is the week of our big PTO fundraiser, plus D brought the stomach bug home from school, so I haven't been able to get on my blog much. I'll try to catch up!
Things I Love About Where I Live
- I've made some amazing friends here.
- It only takes a couple of minutes to get anywhere in town.
- It's quiet and laid back.
- I've had the chance to get to know people who've lived in this little town their entire lives.
- When you ask where someone lives, you don't get an address, you hear, "Well, you know where so-and-so used to live?"
- Our undefeated varsity football team won the state championship last year. It was INSANE!
- Wherever you go in town, you see someone you know.
- The young Christian families are hungry for God and that has created quite a bond among us.
- I can call the florist and say, "Perry, this is Jill. Can you send something to..." I'm pretty sure I'm the only Jill!
- Half of the hometown crowd still has an account at the grocery store. They get a bill each month!
- Most of the people here are down-to-earth farming families, business owners, and educators.
There are certainly more things I love about this little town, but I've run out of time!