Friday, November 03, 2006

It's Official...

I'm allergic to cotton! OK, not the kind you wear, the kind that grows in the ground. The kind that everyone out here in West Texas grows! The kind that provides for the livelihood of the families of our church. You might say that cotton pays for my husband's salary! And I'm allergic to it! What's funny is everyone here tells me that this is the allergy capital of Texas. Funny, that's what they say no matter where you live in Texas. I know, because I've lived everywhere!

This is cotton-picking time and I guess it's just in the air. We're still new here, but I'm told that just about everyone here suffers during this time of year. The cotton and the chemicals (yuck) wreak havoc on everyone. After suffering for 2 weeks - and being miserable after football games and trick-or-treating, I was told to "go get a shot" like everyone else does. I kept thinking it would just go away, but they still said, "go get a shot". But I don't have seasonal allergies - my mom and my sister do, not me.

I can't believe I'm blogging about nasal passages and itchy eyeballs, but I'm just so glad to get some relief. I got the shot (along with a flu shot) so, now I'm on Zyrtec and Nasonex and life is much sweeter.


I know you must be so glad that you just read a blog entry about seasonal allergies! What a waste of time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jill, Just got your birthday message. No, blogging isn't a priority in my life right now. How could you tell! :-) I did blog some photos from Halloween -- mainly because Sue Ellen keeps getting onto me about it. So come by & visit my blog. My next photos will probably be at Christmas! LOL... Ann Carol

kacole said...

Hey, I live in the allergy capital of Texas too! I haven't had allergy problems (much) this year...it has been a good year. Sorry to hear about the cotton issues, that is a bummer!