Monday, October 16, 2006

Sick Day

My older son woke up this morning not feeling so well, but he really wanted to go to school (not because he wanted to be at school. He was excited to wear his new pants! How girlie!). He had just a little bit of fever, but within the limit. So, dad took him to school. Well, just as I thought, the school secretary called - asking me to pick up D. When we got in the car I asked if the nurse had taken his temp. She had. Here's our conversation:

"What was your temp?"
"Umm, 91"
"Well, I think it was probably a little higher"
"Uh, 160"
"I know for sure it wasn't 160"
"Why?"
"Because you'd be dead!"

As soon as he walked through the door he put in "The Incredibles", plopped down on the couch and informed me he was hungry. I guess after everyone saw his new pants, it was time to go home!

7 comments:

kacole said...

Well, maybe they took it in celsius - that would have been about 71-ish...which still doesn't work...oh well. 160 - that is pretty funny. Did he roll his eyes when you said he would be dead? I can just see him.

I almost called in sick today...but I'm not sick...and I couldn't come up with a reason to stay home...so I went in. Stupid work. I will have to use the "my temperature is 160" story sometime and see if it works.

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase the great lyricists Lou Gramm and Mick Jones:
I'm hot-blooded, check it and see.
I gotta fever of one-sixty.
Come on baby, did you see my new pants?
I'm hot-blooded, hot-blooded.

joyfuljourney said...

Very very funny!!!! He's home again today, but his temp is only around 100. But, of course, he's watching that same movie again!

kacole said...

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

I burst out laughing when I read JRRs post. Everyone in the office started asking what I was laughing at...I just said - my brother, he's an idiot (but we love him!!)!!

Beaver said...

Just be glad for the low grade fever and a movie to make the day happy!! I did load after load of laundry for 3 solid days last week cleaning up our sick mess!!

Beaver said...

Oh, BUT I got to hold my baby for hours on end as well, so . . . You give and you take . . .

Tammie said...

D! Get Well Soon! We sure missed you at FaithWeavers Friends. It's not the same when you're not there.